Today’s Outfit: High Voltage
Following from my post about boilersuits…I possibly went out and bought one. Well I say one, I bought two, not being able to decide between Topshop’s Luxe or Casual. The casual, however, is on its way heading back to the Topshop warehouse, after much deliberation. To anyone who is intrigued by this trend, I reaally advise investing - a boilersuit is not only comfortable, but versatile and just altogether a really fun outfit.
(by Savannah Zoë Thompson)
Trend Update: All In Ones, the New Edition
So the All-In-One trend has been floating around for a while then, from jumpsuits, to playsuits, to dungarees and pinafores. Easy to merge from day to night, and winter to summer, this trend has something for everywhere, everytime and everyone.
But there’s a new edition to the family: the boilersuit. Whether you go full out electrician style (à la Topshop’s Casual Boiler Suit) or an elegant silky version, I absolutely love this trend.
Pinafore: Motel, £45
Playsuit: Topshop, £65
Jumpsuit: River Island, £65
Dungarees: Miss Selfridge, £49
Boilersuit: Topshop, £55
Again, apologies for being so absent - it’s a real struggle to make posts and juggle exams and coursework.
Am working on a post in mind, so shall hopefully get that up this week - in the mean time, feel free to post some questions!
Today’s Outfit: Trucker Life
Step into vintage denim this season. I’ve become a bit of an ebay whore recently, and have managed to get my hands on both a vintage Levis Sherpa jacket - above (£12!) and a pair of vintage wrangler Mom jeans (£6!). Oversized, baggy and ridiculously comfy I’ve fallen head over heels for this vintage denim trend.
(by Savannah Zoë Thompson)
Seasonal: January Sales 2014
So Christmas is over, meaning only one thing. The January sales are here with the New Year, with deals and discounts left right and centre. To save you a little bit of trouble I’ve sifted through my favourite high street stores to give you my best of the January sales 2014.
- Mom Jeans: Miss Selfridge,
£40 now £20 - 50% Off
- Mesh Crop: Zara,
£19.99 now £12.99 - 35% Off
- Cut Out Little Black Dress: H&M,
£7.99 now £4 - 50% Off
- Embroidered Leather Bra: H&M,
£14.99 now £7 - 52% Off
- Colour Block Sandals: ASOS,
£50 now £20 - 60% Off
- Embroidered Skirt: H&M,
£19.99 now £10 - 50% Off
- Spike and Gem Earrings: Topshop,
£30 now £15 - 50% Off
Best sales of the season: H&M, USC, Boohoo.com and ASOS
Happy New Year everyone!
Anonymous asked: What shoes/accesories wouldgo with a green velvet skater dress (3/4 sleves)? xx
Hi! Thanks for asking and so sorry for the late reply (my teachers kindly left me with a pile of Christmas work!)
If you’re wanting to go heels, then I’d probably stick to black shoes with tights, although you could probably get away with brown or matching forest-green without tights if you’r lucky. Try:
- Simple court heels in green or black
- Strappy/gladiator heels, like these
- For a pair of black heels that are a bit different, I advise having a good browse in Topshop!
For a flatter option
- Go classic and simple with a pair of pumps or black loafers
- Alternatively, pick out a pair of brogues
Or, to play the dress down and make a more casual outfit, try opting for a pair of ankle boots or shoe boots
- Chelsea boots, and variations of the style are not only incredibly comfy, but also sleek and stylish
- Get in a bit of a heel still with a pair of brogue heels
Hope that helped! x
Seasonal: Christmas Party Dresses
'Tis the season for everything sparkly, glittery and shiny. Everyone needs at least one good party number to crack out in the Christmas season, so I've done the work for you and picked out this year's finest…
- Velvet Heavens: Get on top of the velvet trend during the festivities and invest in a velvet dress. Bodycon, skater, sleeveless or sleeve..ful, and in every shade of the rainbow, there’s one for everyone to fall in love with out there. This one from Topshop in an iridescent mermaid-y teal, in a crushed velvet style is simply perfect.
- Turkey Foil: Another great material trend that’s popped its head up this winter is the foil trend, go all out in a pretty silver foil dress (like this one from Miss Selfridge), or opt for a sexier bodycon with foil detail à la Topshop.
Miss Selfridge, £55
- The All Out Sequin Number: Pretty self explanatory really, sequins showed their face this time last year, and have made a gleeful return for the party season. For the skinny leggy ladies, try a shift style sequin dress
- Cranberry Toppings: I couldn’t resist having more than one sparkly, sequin dress - so shoot me. Pick up the traditional Christmas colours, with a perhaps more subtle sequin choice with this bodycon from Motel
- LBP: Switch your little black dress this season for a playsuit. Embellished or plain, playsuits are the perfect staple item for a great party outfit. Easy to dress up or down, there’s really no excuse not to
New Look, £24.99
Seasonal: 2013 Christmas Jumpers
It’s that time of year again, Christmas, and with it comes the Christmas jumpers. From pretty fairisle prints, to ridiculously ugly santa sweaters, Christmas jumpers are too much of a seasonal cliché to miss out on, so I’ve picked this year’s best on the highstreet
- Subtle and sparkly: Zara, £45.99
- Rudolph makes an appearance: Dorothy Perkins, £28
- All wrapped up: Topshop, £50
- It’s a Christmas mash-up: River Island, £35
- Santa’s little helper: Topshop, £55
Finally counting the hours down until we’re in December (the scrooges have no excuse now!), and as Christmas is approaching just wanted to ask if anyone has any particularly seasonal requests…
Last year I did an advent calendar, with make up posts, Christmas outfits, seasonal gifts and all sorts - so if any of you have any suggestions for Christmas posts, then please let me know!